bSCAN is a compact and advanced instrument designed to perform Thin Layer Radio-Chromatography (TLC). Radio-Chromatography is an analytical technique that allows the identification and quantization of different compounds in a radioactive mixture. Particularly, Radio TLC is a well-established method in Nuclear Medicine laboratories for fast and accurate assessments in quality control (QC) of the radioactive pharmaceuticals used in nuclear medicine procedures.
By using this single instrument, laboratories can test for two parameters of the QA/QC process, namely the radiochemical and radionuclidic purity.
The bSCAN comes with an advanced, intuitive and modern software.
The bSCAN instrument is compact in size and contains state of the art components, such as a fully digital multichannel-analyzer (MCA) and a precise and well-shielded NaI(Tl) detector that provides superior energy resolution and therefore better radionuclide identification. The instrument uses a standard USB connection to communicate with the PC.
The bSCAN instrument is composed by the following components:
- The scanner instrument, which integrates:
- A fully programmable displacement unit scanner.
- A NaI(Tl) scintillator detector, typical 1 x 1 inch crystal size. The detector is placed inside a properly shielded scanning head with a changeable set of collimators.
- A compact and digital multichannel analyzer (MCA).
- The bSCAN software.
- A controlling PC (optional).